A recent study conducted by Quest Diagnostics has revealed the number of positive on the job drug test has been going up every year since 2011. The annual survey used in the study examined approximately 11 million workplace drug test results in 2015. Below is a quick run down on what the results disclosed:
- The rate of amphetamine, marijuana and heroin detection has increased every year for the past five years.
- 45% of all U.S. workers who tested positive in 2015 showed evidence of marijuana use.
- Positive test results for heroin increased 146% over the last four years, while positive test results for oxycodone decreased slightly.
- Amphetamine positivity increased 44% since 2011.
- Marijuana positivity increased 26% since 2011.
- Post-accident positivity rates have increased 30% since 2011.
- In oral fluid drug testing, the overall positivity rate increased 47% since 2011, driven primarily by large increases in positive marijuana results.
- 9% of job applicants could not pass a pre-employment hair drug test in 2015.
Source: Industry News