Are Small/Mid size Businesses safe?
Over 40% of cyber attacks target small businesses.
80% of businesses think they’ll experience a cyber attack sometime this year.
Only 33% of SMBs think their organization can prevent a cyber attack.
69% of SMBs lack an adequate staff and/or budget to keep up with increasing cyber security demands.
`Stats came from Capterra IT – 2017
How secure is your information? What is at stake if you suffer a data breach? Does your organization need to be compliant with federal laws such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA)?
Data breach is more a certainty than a probability these days. It’s no longer a question of if; it is a question of when. It has even been said that there are two types of businesses today: those that have suffered a data breach and are aware of it, and those that aren’t aware of it. How will you respond when it happens and do you understand the reporting responsibilities required by the Texas Identity Theft Enforcement and Protection Act and other applicable laws?
TCOR uses ISO 27000 Principles and Guidelines and the National Institute of Standards and Technology’s Framework for Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity to help clients reduce the probability and impact of data breach events.
We do so by focusing on the three critical areas vulnerable to breaches:
- physical infrastructure,
- cyber infrastructure, and
- human behavior.
In each of these areas, TCOR will
- Annually identify and assess the risks facing your organization for probability and impact
- Develop protections to avoid, prevent, mitigate or transfer the risks to critical structures including on-going employee education
- Run vulnerability and penetration tests to detect potential holes in security
- Develop response plans through table top exercises for potential breaches
- Develop recovery and continuity plans prior to a breach.
TCOR is also certified to conduct HIPAA assessments for organizations subject to that regulation.
Call us today to schedule your assessment: 830-387-7019